Sunday, April 08, 2007

Learning and Living

I feel like I have been learning a lot lately about life. I am learning to let some things go. I am learning how to spend more time enjoying life. I am learning how to love people better. I am learning that my weaknesses are okay. I am learning academic stuff. I am learning something new every day. It is amazing how much one doesn't know.

The ugliness in this world can be overwhelming, but if you stop for a while and pay close attention, you can see so much beauty in the world. Something as simple as an orange cat snoring or a calico hugging her own head while she sleeps can make me smile. Sometimes I take for granted that I am worthwhile in the world, but on a daily basis, I can positively impact so many other lives if I just open my eyes and see the need. There are those that you take for granted and those that you just don't understand. When you stop to really appreciate someone or to accept them as someone who is just different than yourself, it feels really good. Why would we want to be surrounded by people who were just like us? Then what would we be able to learn?

Sometimes I lose sight of how truly amazing everything is; sometimes I lose my hope and faith. I know I do. I enjoy the times when I find it because that is when I feel most like me. I realize the more a person has been hurt, the farther they get from being themselves. In the end, we all just want to recapture ourselves and be loved exactly the way we are.

I may be an idealist and a romantic; I believe that good shall prevail. Sometimes I get off-centered, but I truly do believe that to my very core. There is so much good in this world, in each of us. The good things are what makes us happy.

No comments: