Saturday, April 07, 2007

Adventures of Pam and Joel

So Joel and I headed out of Charlotte Friday, and we are now back safe and sound. We arrived in a Bed and Breakfast in Sapphire, NC. I had to take a nap when we first got in. After I woke up, we went to Gorges State Park around 6:30 PM.


Well, it was a 1.75 strenuous hike to Bearwallow Falls, so we thought we would be able to make it before the park closed at 8 PM. The hike there wasn't that bad; however, the hike back was all uphill!


We got back to Pearl around 8:10 PM and were going to grab a bite to eat before we went back to the B&B. One problem: the gate was locked when we got to the park entrance. We got locked in the park!

So my cell phone didn't have any service. I took about 10 minutes to figure out how to let my phone roam, and I still didn't have any service. We had to walk a ways out of the park before I had any signal. Joel called the park number and there was no answer. Since he is a guy, he was too embarrassed to call 911. So I called 911 and told the guy we were stuck in the park. He called the park ranger, and about an hour or so later we finally got out of the park.

We were staying in a pretty rural area, so everything was pretty much closed by the time we got out. Luckily I had some breakfast bars in my backpack that we ended up eating for dinner.

When we woke up and opened the door to get some breakfast, we were completely surprised by the snow on the ground. Poor Pearl got covered with snow for her first time.

We hiked to quite a few waterfalls, and it would take forever to upload to my blog. Instead, I uploaded them to my Yahoo photo album for everyone to take a look. It was cold but fun! I am ready for another nap . . .

No comments: