Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dating Sucks, Online No Exception

Just read some interesting articles about online dating.

Moxie
Match
Selfgrowth
Happen
Happen 2
San Francisco Chronicle

Let's see. I met Art, Jason, Todd, Gene, and Mark all on-line. So I guess I started doing the online thing maybe in 2005. Gene and Mark were the only real relationships that came of online dating. Gene and I were just too different. Mark, well, Mark lives in Los Angeles. Talking out your problems over coffee isn't really an option in LDRs. I met Mike online recently as well. (Here is his profile if you would like to date him too! :-) I remember when I found out that Jay had a online dating profile, and I freaked out and was certain that meant he was a perv. That was what - six years ago? I guess times change.

Here are some more online dating tips for guys:

-Don't put a picture of your truck, motorcycle, or ex girlfriend in your profile. Women are jealous creatures, we don't like to share.
-Don't say that you are hot, handsome, sexy - just comes across as cocky. Oh, and don't post pictures with your shirt off. Unless those are the kind of girls you are looking for . . .
-Don't use slag like chillin', kickin' hollar, etc. And don't use IM abbreviations in your profile text.
-If you are ugly, short, or old you better be rich, funny, or intelligent

1 comment:

liraelwiddershins said...

Hey, he lives in NC, that's a definite plus :-)