Sunday, April 15, 2007

Important

Life is about fighting for the things that are really important, and not giving up. It is when you give up this fight, not when you die, that life ends. At the end of their life, no one ever says I wish I hurt more people, spent more time at work, wasted more time, loved less, withheld forgiveness, made fewer friends, or performed less acts of kindness.

And this is our battle, to uphold the things that truly matter to us. One concept that intrigued me was the concept that we can all get what we really want to make us happy since happiness means different things for different people, it is not bound by resource scarcity. There is an abundant supply. Here's hoping that's true.

I wish to live my life in such a way that I give more than I take. If I have to choose between loving and being hurt or putting up walls so others get hurt first, I choose to be the one who gets hurt. My life will be filled with friends and family. I will never stop trying to find ways to make this world a better place. I will search for reasons to be thankful. I choose to seek out the little things in life that make it worthwhile. (It is perfectly fine spending the day playing in mud even when you are grown up.) I will cling to faith, hope, and love.

No comments: