Friday, March 09, 2007

Rock the Boat

Today was an awesome day. We took a trip from Tortola to Virgin Gorda to a place called the Baths. They are basically these huge rocks that form caves on the beach. I went snorkeling for the first time ever; however, I wasn’t good enough to go by myself. One of the guys in our group (Dan) is 6’ 5 ½’’ so I had him carry me around to snorkel. I had to hold my nose with one hand or else I kept gulping ocean water. I definitely need some more practice. We did see some cool fish and even saw a mollusk (I think) and a sting ray. I waved to the fishies. Heehee. We shopped around Tortola after that and got back on the ship. Tonight was disco night/70’s and 80’s night. I sang Kokomo and That’s What Friends are For with a group for karaoke. We all went to this disco party afterwards, and I danced up a storm. It was hilarious because they were giving away a bottle of champagne for this couples contest, and I somehow convinced them to pick my friend Simon. So he had to serenade me (as his wife) and got the bottle of champagne. It was soo funny. I am not quite sure how we pulled that one off. It is about 3 AM whatever time I am on right now, so I am going to go to bed. Ann is still out, but I knew I would get in trouble if I stayed out any later. There were at least five different guys who were offering to “walk me to my room”, but I am not big on the whole making out with strangers. I mean, what is the point in meeting someone on a cruise if you know you are just going to go home in a few days. I am looking for something long term. I do like the attention and to be valued though. I just need one good guy in the forever sort of way, and I will be happy. I don’t need to be the center of attention all the time if he makes me feel like the center of his world. We have already run out of minutes for the Internet, so we had to buy more. I am going to be living off of ramen noodles once I get back. Sheesh. We are getting pedicures in about 5 hours, so I better get some sleep.

No comments: