Wednesday, March 14, 2007

No More, No Less

I weighed myself this morning, and I only gained 3 pounds on the cruise. Whew! I thought I had gained a lot more. So, now I need to lose 3 pounds to reach my New Year's resolution weight. I wouldn't mind losing 5 more, but I am not going to sweat it. I do need to get on the elliptical machine on a more routine basis. Mark gave it to me as a birthday present. No someone just needs to get me a personal trainer.

I guess I should give a PhD update. Since I am up to my elbows in it, most of the time, I don't really want to talk about it. I will be done with my coursework after this semester. I am taking comps in the fall along with dissertation credits. As of right now, I won't be teaching anymore classes until next spring. They don't have anything for me to teach summer or fall. I may try to see if I can pick up a class at one of the community colleges in the area. I currently have a 3.9 GPA. I got a B in a fluffy MBA course that I had to take. No biggie. I have presented at two conferences so far, and I recently submitted two more papers to another conference. I have chosen my dissertation topic and have started writing up parts of my proposal. It should take about a year and a half yo finish up my dissertation unless something bad and unexpected happens. That's pretty much it.

Here is an update on the family: Kim and Tony are moving to Chicago on March 24th. Mom and Watson moved into Jay's townhouse a week or so ago. Lisa, Steve, and the kids are never going to move. I did, however, get Lisa on the Internet to look at the pictures on my blog. She refuses to touch a computer. I made seven year-old Emily help her. I can't believe my neices and Nephew are getting so big. Unbelievable. Mom is still working at the optical at JC Penney. Kim has launched full-time into her career as a writer. Lisa is the typical soccer mom. I love my family.

I guess that's it for now. I will probably write more later when I am desperately trying to get some sleep.

No comments: