Sunday, March 04, 2007

Pam and Ann’s Cruise Adventure

Saturday - We got off to a rocky start because we arrived at the cruise ship at 3:30 PM when it embarked at 4 PM. Somehow, travel went slower than anticipated and for the last half an hour, we thought we were going to miss the cruise for sure. Ann and I were freaking poor Joel out. He did a great job and got us here just in the nick of time. We got on the ship and to our room. We proceeded to do a life boat drill, and then we were off. There was a meet and greet cocktail hour since we are here with a single’s group. I had two fruit punches which Ann assumed were alcoholic. However, when she found out that it was just fruit punch, she was adamant that I have something to drink. As luck would have it, we passed by a free alcohol tasting. She poured a whole bunch of little ketchup cup fulls of alcohol in me with quite a bit of protest. We went back to the room and changed for dinner. By then, I was starting to get red and blotchy. We got to the dining room for dinner, and I was getting even worse. I kept insisting this Alaskan guy across from me looked Asian. And I was saying random things to the guy beside me. I do remember ordering lamb chops, but I never got a chance to eat them. I was about to pass out at the table, so I had the guy beside me carry me to the bathroom. I think I threw up on him. I don’t remember much after that, but I think Ann came and got me off the floor of the women’s room and brought me to bed. That’s all she wrote. This is the second time Ann thought it would be fun to see me drunk. She never quite realizes how little alcohol I can hold.


Sunday – I woke up rather late with a bit of a headache. Luckily, my body forces me to have instant hang overs and purges my itself of alcohol even before the majority ever hits my liver. So I wasn’t too bad this morning. Ann woke up at 6 AM (is she crazy?) and went to the gym (again, is she crazy??). I woke up and worked on my paper submission for the AMCIS conference (am I crazy?). We got a bit of breakfast when she came back; I was still in my pajamas. We caught up with the single’s group for lunch. After that, Ann went for a massage and spa treatment. I got to wear my new, sexy bathing suit and sat out by the pool with Simon, a guy from London in the group. After that I took meringue lessons. That was fun! I am back in the room again. We have a formal night tonight, and I don’t plan to have anything to drink no matter how much Ann wants to get me drunk!

No comments: