Saturday, March 10, 2007

Pumpkin

Good thing I dieted before the cruise. Now I will have to go back on the diet once I get home (after the crème brulee). The food on the cruise has been too good to refuse. I don’t have Internet minutes any more, so I am paying 75 cents a minute. I am typing this on-line to post once I am done. Today was a pretty lazy day at sea. I woke up and had a scalp massage with an oil treatment for my hair. Then I got a French pedicure. I went back to bed until quite past lunch time. I bought some pictures (yikes, $75 worth) that were taking by the cruise photographers. I ate dinner, hung out with some of the group, and watched an improv comedy show. I am back in the room now and plan to go to sleep soon. Tomorrow is another day at sea, and I am looking forward to getting back to the US on Sunday morning. Joel is picking me up from Ft. Lauderdale, and I am going to see some friends in Tampa before I fly back to Charlotte on Monday morning. Chris was awesome. He sent me some pictures of the kitties, and I am missing them big time. The sea has been rocking me to sleep, but there is nothing like the purr of a Scuro cat to make me feel at ease. I submitted two papers to the AMCIS conference while I was away on cruise. I have some papers I have to grade when I get back home, but hopefully I shouldn’t have to do too much catch up when I get back from vacation.

Mom has moved into her new place, so I am excited for her. I don’t know what Kim and Tony are up to these days. I am sure they are packing for Chicago. Who knows, when I graduate, maybe they will still be there, and I could look for a teaching position nearby. I miss hanging out with Kim and Tony. However, I have lost some weight since I haven’t been. I need to give Lisa and family a call once I get back. She is going to give me grief because I didn’t even tell her I was going on a cruise. I have hundreds of Yahoo email to check when I get back home. I have just been responding to my roadrunner and pamspam email addresses. I also left my main credit card at Outback in Tampa so I had to get a new card. So, I will have to switch the card number on all my automatic payments when I get home. So hopefully nothing really important is past due. Watch me get home, and Chris is without electricity or something. Oops.

Anyway, it has been a great trip even though it has been kinda long. It will be good to be back home.

No comments: