Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Visualize 2010

I am thirty years old, and I am pregnant with my first child. We just found out that it is going to be a girl! My husband and I got married on 08/08/08 when I was 28. Eight has always been my favorite number. I am a doctor; I received my PhD the same year that we were married. I currently teach at the college level and love my job, mostly because I am teaching young minds. My concentration has been on how individual productivity can be affected by technology. Lately, I have been researching more about how technology has transformed the nature of human relationships. I have published quite a few papers, but I still don't insist that people call me "Dr."

We are financially comfortable, so I don't have to work the summers. We take trips to Europe and all over the United States. Last summer, we took my mom and her boyfriend camping in Yellowstone National park. She always said she wanted to go back there. When we aren't on vacation, I am an activist for causes for which I can really make a difference. I volunteer with children and elderly. I recently published my first book about healing from childhood sexual abuse aimed toward the survivor and her support group. I am not famous, but I like knowing that I have made a difference in a lot of people's lives.

We have a beautiful house. It is an awesome waterfront property. My husband is handsome, intelligent, and successful. Most of all, he is great at showering me with love and being there when I need him most. He teaches me things that I didn't already know, and he makes me smile. He is a romantic at heart and I get wonderful surprises all the time. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me!

God is a big part of my life. I pray continually and give thanks. I volunteer within my church. I recently helped them raise enough money to move into a new sanctuary. With the new building, they can have outreach ministries such as free counseling to individuals and couples within the congregation. Sometimes I sing with the praise and worship band when they are working with the children. I am still too shy to sing in front of large crowds!

Even though we work really hard, we have lots of fun too. We are currently taking a ballroom dancing class. My belly is starting to get in the way! We still have the two cats and a dog. We visit our families at least once a year and make it a point to keep in touch with our friends. I am in the best shape of my life. I have been really making sure that our baby will be healthy. It is silly, but I read to her from the Chronicles of Narnia every night. Actually, my husband and I take turns.

I am happy, secure, and safe. I am surrounded by love. I am successful and living life to the fullest. I am helping people. I am beautiful. Actually, I am glowing.

No comments: