Monday, February 19, 2007

Cadence

There are people who add a rhythm to my otherwise off beat life. Joel. I don't think I have called anyone else as many times in the middle of the night. He is always encouraging, calm, and soothing. Sometimes he is boring, but that just tempers my tantrums. He makes me smile by making a fool out of himself. That's a true friend. Dave. No one has better things to say about me than Dave. He is so laid back all the time, and will drive great lengths to see me for even the shortest amount of time. He doesn't talk much, but he is like a big teddy bear. Jay. Since we have broken up, he has come back into my life to help carry me through some pretty rough break ups. I know that it hurts him to do it, but he does it anyway. His intentions aren't always perfect, but his actions are flawless. Mom. I don't know how she always seems to sound so cheerful, like nothing phases her. There is a strength in her that I just don't have. She has been through so much, but she doesn't even stop to think about it. Liz. It seems like the only time we really talk is when one of us is in crisis, but that is okay. There is never anger for losing touch. There is just love and support when the other calls crying. Tausha. She is my longest friendship dating back to middle school. Even though we are very different now, it is nice to know you can have a friendship that spans decades. Ra. He reminds me of what true innocence and bliss looks like. He is so sweet, loving, and care free. Sometimes I just look at him and can't help but to smile. Scuro. Sometimes I can just sense how wise she is, and really it is her that takes care of me. She makes me feel special because she isn't as loving to anyone else on this earth as she is to me. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I pull her up close to my pillow. She turns on her melodic purr to lullaby me back to sleep.

No comments: