Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Whole or Hole

Why is it that when you need help, it makes you feel like there is something wrong with you? Why do people immediately assume that you need to be fixed if you have problems? None of us need to get fixed. We were made to be imperfect. God created us with holes in our hearts; he did not create us whole. We need him and each other to be whole. We all need help.

I struggle with this myself. I try to hide my weaknesses, but maybe I should just admit to them instead. My counselor suggested I file with the student office of disabilities for my battle with depression. Even though most of the time, I keep it in check, there are times I really can't handle all that life throws at me. And that is okay. It has thrown a whole heck of a lot my way. Maybe this way, I will have some more resources available to me when I need them instead of after the fact. I try to cover it up because I don't want people to think I am a failure, but maybe if I just admit to it up front, then the times when I do fail, people will be more forgiving. I know that I am intelligent, and I have worked very hard. I am trustworthy and capable of more than most. And this is me admitting to my weaknesses. I hope I can be loved anyway.

Praying continually,
Pam

No comments: