Friday, January 19, 2007

Who loves, raves.

This is my daily quote about love from Lord Byron. I was curious as to what he meant, so I looked up the definition:

Main Entry: rave
Pronunciation: 'rAv
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): raved; rav·ing
Etymology: Middle English
intransitive verb
1 a : to talk irrationally in or as if in delirium b : to speak out wildly c : to talk with extreme enthusiasm
2 : to move or advance violently : STORM
transitive verb : to utter in madness or frenzy


This reminds me of another quote I came across a few years ago. "A man has no business to marry a woman who can't make him miserable. It means she can't make him happy."

I guess I agree. Only true love can be passionate enough to drive you crazy, but is really the only thing that can truly save you sometimes as well. I know love has made me rave more times than I would like to admit.

No comments: