Sunday, September 25, 2005

WWJD

Yup, missed church again today. I did say some prayers though.

A verse comes to my mind:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

I must remember to give thanks. God, I know that I tend to say "please" in my prayers more often than I say thank you. However, I do want to thank you. You have given me so many things. In some sense, I know I have worked very hard to get where I am. But I also know this world isn't fair, isn't kind, and isn't rewarding. Therefore, whether or not I deserve certain things makes no difference. What I have, I am going to attribute to your grace. In fact, I would go even as far to say thank you for the crucibles in my life. I remember when I was a more selfish, cynical, and mean person. I am no where near perfect, but I acknowledge that I have grown over the years to be more loving and gentle. I have good friends, good cats, a nice house, a good career and education . . . I couldn't ask for much more. I ask you to forgive me of my sins which I know isn't something I deserve. Do your will with me. I want to follow even though I am not very good at it sometimes. Don't give up on me yet. Through Jesus, Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a paper to write tonight. I also have quite a bit to read. I am back home with my cone-headed cat, Joel, and Scuro. I had perogies for dinner.

Have you ever thought about this? . . . Humans are artifacts. You can look at each one of us and learn about something that has happened a time before now. The artifact could be a scar, an attitude, a fear, or a strength. Regardless of how it manifests itself, we are all living artifacts of the past. In a sense, we all must be athropologists who are trying to understand something in the past to understand the people before us right now. It is funny how each of us are who we are for some part because of something or in spite of something in our past.

No comments: