Sunday, September 04, 2005

Do Da Do

I like to assume that people are good; I am scared that they are not. I have been hurt a lot in the past, and tend to worry that the rest of my life is a hold out sample in proving that the past will accurately predict the future. However, at least so far, I haven't let that stop me in believing in the best out of people.

I expect a lot out of myself - moreso than anyone else. As most, I am always my worst critic. Therefore when others criticize me, sometimes it acts more as discouragement than a kick in the pants.

I expect people to communicate their emotions and needs. I expect people to tell you pertinent information and to not lie. I don't expect people not to leave, but I expect the leaving should not be a surprise. I expect people to understand what they are thinking and feeling. If they don't know, then they will never be able to explain it to someone else. I expect people to set acceptable boundaries for themselves instead of doing something that makes them uncomfortable until they eventually snap. I expect people to hurt me, but I expect the hurt to be respectful, not spiteful. Someone can hurt you because they have to. They shouldn't be faulted for that. However, if they hurt you because they want to or because it makes things easier for them doing it in a way that causes you more harm, that is unacceptable. I expect people to give each other the benefit of the doubt. I expect people to also see the good in me and others. I guess I expect a lot out of other people too.

Anyway, I have one more article for which to write a critical summary. I will do that in the morning. I think I will turn in tonight with my text on Corporate Information Strategy and Management. Fun, fun.

Oh, BTW - Joel drove today. Although I only let him drive to the pool and back, he did pretty good. He starts his driving lessons on Tuesday.

I am going to write down my prayers before bed. My journal has often turned into a prayer book. I tend to let my mind wonder when I am praying to myself. However, if I write it down, I am able to better consolidate my thoughts. I have had a journal for the majority of my life. This particular journal was started in October of 2004. A lot has happened since then.

No comments: