Monday, August 01, 2005

Lovers and Strangers

I am in a very pensive mood tonight. I am sleepy and my tummy kind of hurts. I napped entirely too long today and should already be in bed right now.

I am learning to love people as they are. I am appreciating people more for who they are instead of what I like about them. It is interesting to observe people and see why they do things. We all over compensate for something. We all have insecurities. We all can hate ourselves while always thinking we are better than everyone else. I mean, who can we understand if we can't understand ourselves?

Lately, I have actually found people more endearing when I see their weaknesses. I see how they deal with things. I see how they try. Apathy is the worst thing ever . . .

I need to go camping soon. I need to get away from civilization. I need to stare up at the night stars and see God. I need to clear my head. I need to get away from the glow of a computer screen.

I was me yesterday. That felt good. I could say things I felt and believed. I didn't have to try too hard. I didn't have to worry that I was going to make someone mad. I was around friends who have learned things specific to me. And who can smile because of what they have learned instead of frown. I like being me.

My thoughts are fragmented, and I am not really saying anything. I am curious what unfolds in the next few weeks.

Proverbs 21:21
He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity, and honor.

1 comment:

Muhammed Saboor said...

You said the most important things here, your words are full of love and self actulization.

Sublty and obviously we socialize with our greatest fears and expectations, within a melody that most never hear or choose not to listen to. Maybe you heard this melody yesterday and realized the part you played youself.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday. Thank you for making me that guilt cake, it was very sweet. I had lots of fun that I would not have had without your cooking.

God is the greatest. Life is beautiful.

Thank you for the experience.

p.s. don't drink coffee at 10:00 p.m.
: )