Sunday, August 07, 2005

If We Weren't Crazy, We'd All Go Insane


I am in the mood to be cuddled. I have a very high cuddle quota. It is funny because that one anonymous commenter asked if my boyfriends had problems with my male friends. Well, you see, I am the type of person who doesn't need personal space. You won't ever hear me say, "I just need some time alone to think things over." So, I think my boyfriends have usually gotten to the point where they were like "thank God, she is hanging out with that other guy!"

At work, Brian called me a "tweener" because I was able to hang out with the guys moreso than the other women in the office. However, I am very female in some ways. I love romance. I love being in love. It is great when I am in a relationship where I can tell a person I love them and think about nice things to do for them without wondering if they would get weirded out by it. I am insecure like any other woman. I love talking about emotions. I have relationship books on my shelf just for the heck of it. I tend to date really tall guys because I like having the feeling of being small and safe.

I almost think the more independent you are as a woman, the more you have the need to feel taken care of. One reason is because it takes more for a guy to take care of you. If you know what you are doing, he has to know what the heck he is doing to add any value to your life. And you are so used to making all the decisions and taking care of everything that you just want someone to share that responsibility with sometimes.

I delight in the idiosyncrasies of my friends. I love when you can point out a flaw in someone and just say, but I love him/her anyway. I think it should be about acceptance. Generally, people are not going to improve until you accept them as they are. The more you try to change someone, the more defensive they become and rigid in their stance. Accept them for how they are, show them that you genuinely care, and maybe they will want to improve themselves.

Ra is meowing. Not sure why. I think he wants me to open the garage door. Yes, I know I have a cat door now, but I also have two very spoiled cats.

I get to see Todd on Wednesday. It is about time! It is a strange mixture of feelings. I am excited to see him. I feel closer to him than when he left since we have been talking on the phone and via IM pretty frequently. I don't know exactly where we are. Are we about to start dating? Are we still talking to other people? I don't even know if I accurately remember what he looks like. I will probably be shy the first hour or so I see him again. I am such a chick.

Anyhow, I am talking to Muhammed on the phone right now. His roommate broke her leg in the line of duty. I hope she gets better soon.

Here is a picture Muhammed took of me in a field for his photography class . . .

No comments: