Thursday, July 21, 2005

Pam Made Enchiladas

I make some pretty darn good enchiladas. They are cooking in the oven right now. I am making Santa Fe rice as well. I was very happy Harris Teeter carried that type of rice. Publix stopped carrying it for some reason. I couldn't find it anywhere since high school.

Amy got an extension on her clerkship. She is going to be staying here until December. She is a good roommate in the scheme of things.

I am thinking about taking a trip to CA the third week of August, but I have to find out about tickets, family schedules, etc. I feel like I am planning last minute, but I just found out from my boss that I should be able to take the time off. I am a little scared going out there by myself since I haven't gone to see my relatives since I was 10 years old. I think it would be a good growing experience though. We will see if it works out.

TIAA-CREF just sent me an invite to a reception for the recipients of their fellowship. That should be exciting. I am very thankful. They are giving my $25,000 for my first year of PhD studies on top of UNCC waicing my tuition. Awesome!

I better get going and make sure I am not burning dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum yum...you do make some delicious enchiladas!

Just want you too know you have an exclusive, my first post on a blog. I remember that dinner we had with Liz and the baby and you made the enchiladas, good times. Hope all finds you well.

Pamela Wisniewski said...

Pedro! I miss you guys.