Friday, July 15, 2005

Louisville, KY

Here I am. Kim chastised me for not updating my blog in a while. Mom and her boyfriend Watson (he actually goes by the nickname for Richard, but I can't bring myself to call him that) drove us to Kim and Tony's today. Boy, is he a grumpy driver. I definitely don't miss living around smoker's. I feel like I am going to live a year less than before just because of the 8 hour car ride up here.

So, I look out my back door and there was my next door neighbor Mr. Ferguson trimming my corkscrew willow. Jason makes fun of me because I always have random people coming into my life. I figure every friend was once a stranger, so I enjoy meeting new people. Muhammed, my 6'9'' muslim friend - Pete my 40 something English friend - a date with an occassion NFL football player - no roommate one day and Amy the next. A good ol' country boy with a massive NASCAR collection . . . it's all good. That is what we were put here for. God wanted us to be here for one another, not to glorify ourselves.

What is worse - having loved too many people or having slept with too many people? Say you have slept with 15 people and have loved them all - or you have never loved anyone before and slept with the same amount of people. Is there a difference between casual sex and casual love? This is just a generic thought.

I feel blah today - and fat. I need to have a mini diet after taking this trip. Kim and Tony are the epicurians of the family, so I know there is a lot of food in store for my near future.

Mom brought my bike and hammock from Florida so I am excited about that. I'll have to set them up when I get back home.

Ann is in Las Vegas starting her new life with Rick. Kenny is still dating Valerie last time I talked to him. Pedro and Jamie are getting married in November. Life goes on. It is amazing how much can change in such little time.

I am worried about my friend Chip. He is a kidney dialysis patient and has to live with his parents. He really wants to have a woman to share his life with, but it is hard to find someone who understands his situation. I wish I had the answer for him. I know how hard it is to be alone and how depressing things can get when you are in an unhappy situation. I hate feeling helpless and unable to make things better. All I can do is ask God to help because He can accomplish anything.

I enjoy reading my anonymous comments. You are always welcomed to introduce yourselves. I am just a friend you haven't met yet.

G'night.

Pam

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no diets for pam...unnecessary

Anonymous said...

Kim is right! Don't leave us hanging, girlfriend! We know what (who) is keeping you busy and away from your blog. We just want to know more about him. What the heck are you guys doing? Are you happy? Are you smiling? It's okay to tell us where you've been.