Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Hello, North Carolina . . .

Well, the cats and I made it safely to Charlotte, NC today. We stopped over night in Savannah to split up the drive. Ra and Scuro had on their harnesses, and I tried to walk them a a rest area or two. However, they are truly indoor cats so they didn't quite know what to think of that. They hadn't gone to the bathroom since yesterday morning so as we were driving through Columbia, SC Ra started meowing uncomfortably. I figured it was time to stop. Since I didn't have room in the car for the litter box, I had to call a friend to have him find the nearest Petsmart. So here I am with two cats in harnesses on leashes dragging them into a Petsmart. The manager was great. He got one of the disposable litter boxes and opened it for me. He even went as far as walking me into the ladies' restroom so the cats could do their business. We had half success. Ra used the litter box while we were there, but Scuro held it until we got to the the apartment. I am sure the employees at Petsmart got a kick out of us.

It was pretty cold and rainy when we got in. I took a quick nap, then my friend Bryan and I went to dinner. He took me to a Target to get a real litter box and some other supplies. I am about ready to go to bed.

Good news on the job front. I was called about a contract opportunity yesterday, and they called me back today. They offerred me the job just based on my resume and website. I go in on Monday. The pay rate is pretty good, and the contract goes through May. Not bad for not having been here for even a day.

I think my roommate is home, but I haven't had a chance to say hello. I have a feeling we are both going to keep to ourselves which is fine with me. I have a good sized room, closet, and bathroom to myself. That should be enough room to keep the cats happy.

I am going to finish unpacking tomorrow and take care of some other business. Ra is already snoring, so I guess it is about time I join him.

No comments: