Sunday, June 17, 2007

Excited

Mike and I went shopping this weekend to get the rest of our camping gear. We are going to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park next weekend!! Yay! I get to see my waterfalls. He hasn't been feeling well this past month, but hopefully he will be okay for a weekend trip. We are going to go out to dinner on Tuesday because we met 4 months ago that day on his 30th birthday. I am sentimental like that.

This is going to be a busy week. I need to get research, work work, and internship work done before we leave on Friday. I am anxious to get out of Charlotte and relax for a bit. I think I am stretching myself a bit thin this summer, like I always tend to do. It is okay though because I usually end up doing all right in the end. It is just stressful sometimes getting there. Eventually I will learn how to take on less. Of course, that will have to be once I get my PhD. PhDing is a challenge and working on top of that is even more of a challenge, but I don't see myself quitting work to solely pursue my PhD. I stress when I don't have income coming in. When you grow up poor as dirt, you never want to go back there!

I just looked at my blog, and it is badly in need of some more pictures. Hopefully I can remedy that this weekend. Hugs! Pam

No comments: