Saturday, June 02, 2007

Broken

We are all broken. I haven't found one whole person. Along the way, something - abuse, parents' divorce, physical ailments, cheating partners, broken hearts, war, death of loved ones, personal failures - whatever it is warps some part of how we react to this world and each other. And we all seem to want others to understand and love us anyway for our brokenness, but we don't want to give anymore of ourselves to accept and deal with the brokenness of another. So in many cases, relationships are ephemeral because we can only take so much of other people and can never run away from ourselves. You get what you need for a time, but when they start to disappoint, you move on. It is a lonely way to live. Confusing.

Anyway, I went to the mall today and got 3 pairs of capri pants and a pair of shorts, averaging about $18 per item. I didn't end up going to the Antique Show with Mike and his mom. I came home and made Pam-style fajitas - steak, portabella, sour cream, cheese, and tortilla. Then I took a nap. I am about to hop in the shower to try to get rid of this headache.

Things I have to get done this weekend:

-Come up with deliverable deadlines for summer internship work, DONE
-Reorganize notes, read documentation, DONE
-Research project charter/business case best practices, DONE
-Literature review on technology dependency, DEFERRED
-Literature review on occupational stress and other antecedents of technology crowding, TO DO

Next weekend, I am going camping with some friends at Lake James. Jim brought his jet ski, Dana brought 10 kayaks, and Matt brought his boat last year. I am not sure if anyone is going to bring any water-going vessels this time. I hope so.

I am in the mood to paint some more walls in my house now that Bennett has fixed the tub, and I have touched up the ceiling. The patio is looking good after preparation for the cook out. I would like to get hardwood floors throughout the livingroom, but I think that might be too expensive right now. Been trying to do some maintenance in the yard, but I don't get as much enjoyment out of that.

Oh, by the way, here is my schedule until the middle of August or so:

Monday: Work 9 AM - 5 PMish
Tuesday: Work 9 AM - 5 PMish
Wednesday: Meet with advisor, research day
Thursday: Work 9 AM - 5 PMish
Friday: Internship Work 8:30 AM - 5:30 PMish

No comments: