Sunday, April 17, 2005

Quick, Somebody teach me how to use the fireplace!

I closed on my house Friday. Everything went off without a hitch. Four guys from work and etc. came over on Friday night and helped me unload the POD. After that, we went to the Comedy Zone. I also went to meet with my advisor on Friday. We planned out my course schedule for the PhD program. I am excited!

Today, three guys from church and about 5 kids from church came over to help finish unloading the POD. The POD is empty now, but I still have planty of boxes to unpack. Rebecca, my friend from church, came over and we had lunch after the unloading. This evening Bert, a friend from work, and I went to the Reba McIntire concert. It was awesome, but it was so cold outside that it took a good ten minutes once I got into the car for my toes to defrost. I was afraid I was going to get frost bite!

I sold the stacked washer and dryer to one of the guys from church. The house came with a nice full-sized set. I love the pond in the backyard. After I took a shower and got dressed, I went and sat on the back deck and brushed my hair. It is really nice and peaceful here. Very quiet.

The cats are still at the apartment, but they will be transported tomorrow. I am going to church in the morning. Then I am having lunch with a new friend. And in the evening, I am going to one of the church's care groups for a pot luck dinner.

My work computer is in my trunk, so I am going to try to close one CR (change request) this weekend. I am going to work a half day on Monday. I am going to get my hair cut and some more unpacking done.

I was offered some summer work to do through UNCC that I should be able to do while I am still working at my current job. I will probably start cutting back on my hours when my summer class starts.

Concerts I have been to:
1) Monkees
2) Beach Boys
3) Trisha Yearwood
4) Bruce Hornsby
5) Norah Jones
6) Reba McIntire, Brad Paisley, and Joe Nichols

Fun, fun!

No comments: