Monday, April 04, 2005

Alas, My Flintstones are Gone

Flintstone vitamins are yummy. Sadly, I finished my last one today. I must get more soon!

I worked about 9 hours today. I went out to lunch with some of the guys. Working in the IT field really degenders a female. They just treat me like one of the guys. It is kinda funny. After work, I went to the gym and to the grocery store. It felt good to work out. I tried to buy healthy food at the store. I probably didn't do the best, but I think I did all right.

I am excited that the closing of my house is coming up soon. I need to start calling the utility companies to have all that stuff taken care of. I have some people who have offered to help me move the stuff from the POD to the house.

Let's see . . . any other updates?

I think there might be a mistake with my car insurance. The premium was about $500 or so, so I thought that it was going to be about the same as it was in Florida. However, I got the bill, and it split the payments out over a YEAR. What a minute - does that mean it is HALF of what I am used to? Sheesh. My payment went from about $125 to $45 dollars a month. Home owners insurance went from $900 to $500. Flood insurance was $800 or so and has gone down to nothing! So the cost of living is lower, I am closer to the mountains, there are more IT jobs, and the pay rates are comparable. Oh yeah, although they have hurricanes here, I am sure that I won't find people canoeing down my street any time soon.

I have a lot of e-mails piling up in my inbox that I need to respond to. I know some people are planning on visiting me. I know Pedro and Jamie are visiting around July 4th. Francis was going to come visit sometime during the summer. I promised him I would take him whitewater rafting. Kenny is going to come up after he feels like he has saved some money. Tausha and Michael might visit. Ann has to come visit after I move into my house because I need her help decorating. Bonnie said she might be able to make it up sometime as well. Who else? I want people to come visit me!

Ah, I found it! Here is my waterfall theory! It is true, I tell you!

No comments: