Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Woo Hoo, I got a work laptop

The good news is that I got a work laptop so I won't have to lug around my desk top anymore. The bad news is that means I will probably be taking a little more work home with me. I think I am going to try to work part time there during the school year. I really like it there, and it should make more money than being a teaching assistant. Eventually, I do want to get the teaching experience though. I know once I started focusing on publishing, I will have to devote all my attention to that.

I got hit on at the gym today. He said I was very beautiful and looked like a professional at yoga. I am probably one of the more advanced people in the class, but I am definitely not a professional. I really like pilates and yoga. I don't have to be coordinated or anything!

One of my neighbors called offerring to help me install my cat door. I think I will call him back and take him up on the offer. I know it isn't good to just keep the garage door open all the time. The bad thing is I don't quite remember which neighbor it is who called me to help. I will have to look up and see if I recognize the numbers I wrote down. People here are really nice. It is amazing.

Bryan F. - You are working too hard! Let's go to a movie or something. You can't keep getting off of conference calls at 10 at night. I know you are a hard worker, but make sure you make a little time to relax (says the pot calling the kettle black).

Ann might come visit me Memorial Day weekend! Woo hoo. That is exciting. I really need help decorating this place. I am a little worried that she won't like what I have done already! Girls are a lot more picky than guys!

There is a really cute guy who works at my gym. He works Monday nights - gives me good motivation to make it to the pilates class. :-)

Jay - Just wanted you to know I miss hanging out with you. I am sorry that things can't be simple, and we can't just hang out and have fun. There are trials to hike, waterfalls to hike to, and lighthouses to see.

Liz might come visit on her way to see her mom, but I am not sure when that will be. Also, Kenny is going to come see the Dave Matthews Band concert with me. I think I already mentioned that. I will be going back to Tampa for the weekend (not this weekend but the next).

I am working from home tomorrow. I have a dr. appt and a meeting on campus with some professors. For those of you who pray, say a prayer for me. I have to go in for a second woman check-up this year (great!), and I want to make sure everything comes back normal this time. Yeah, I know TMI . . . and Pete said that I have lots of walls!

Sorry for the stream of consciousness that I have going tonight. Faulkner would be proud . . . except I am using a bit much punctuation.

Sleep well everyone!

Pam

No comments: