Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Rain

The house just shook with a thunder clap. I quickly began scanning the house in my mind for electronics plugged directly into power outlets. Ah, the joys of being a responsible adult. Part of me wants to just go sit under the willow tree in the rain. I bet it must be cold outside. I remember dancing naked in the rain once when I was younger. I can't say that I was ever young and carefree. But I have definitely been younger before.

I never really thought about where I would be when I was 27. I guess part of me thought I would be a mom or a soon-to-be mom.

I am trying to recall where I was on each of my past birthdays. It is kinda hard to do:

27 - Spent with Mark in Charlotte. Went to the Melting Pot.
26 - Spent with Joel in Charlotte. Went to Longhorn. (Went to the Melting Pot the next day)
25 - Spent with Sean, friends, and family in Clearwater. Went to the Melting Pot.
24 - Spent with Jim in Tampa. Went to Busch Gardens.
23 - ? Spent with family in Gainesville. Went to Melting Pot. ?
22 - Spent at St. Augustine beach alone. There was a thunderstorm.
21 - Spent in Gainesville with Ryan and family. I think we went to Hop's.

I can't remember very much anymore. My birthday and Valentine's Day are getting mixed up in my head. I like holidays and making sure to spend them with people you love and to make them as special as possible. I guess I count my birthday as my own personal holiday.

Marvin and I are going downstairs for the night. I will have to kick Ra and Scuro out of the office as well.

No comments: