Sunday, November 05, 2006

Change

Maybe I will just drop out of school and walk cats for a living. Is it possible to backpack across Europe with two cats? I love Scuro and Ra, but they need to learn how to clean their own litter box.

I feel guilty because I am going to Los Angeles for Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of going to see my mom. I need to figure out a way to get to Gainesville in the next few months. I need to call and cancel the Internet service I got my mom since she doesn't use it. She needs a new computer because hers is about 7-8 years old. She keeps insisting that it is 10 years old, but it isn't.

I did (maybe) make a research topic breakthrough that I might be able to turn into a dissertation topic. I don't know. We will see. I really need to work on getting some papers published.

I went to a dueling piano bar with some friends on Friday night. It was fun; I got up and danced . . . why don't those places have a dance floor?

Mark spent the weekend working again. I really worry about him, but I know I can't do anything about it. He is a grown man and has to take care of himself.

I still pray. For Mark, my family, my friends, this whole sad world. I don't think there is one of us that couldn't use a prayer for something or another. I guess there wouldn't be any beauty in the world if everything was just perfect. It seems like true beauty comes from struggling and growing and learning and trying.

1 comment:

liraelwiddershins said...

Maybe we should get her for Christmas one of those computer-y things that just does email? Do you think she'd use it?