Friday, September 29, 2006

Human Doer

I am reading a book that says that sometimes we define ourselves solely by our accomplishments, not our values and good characteristics. So we become "human doers" instead of human beings. So here are some of the things that I think help define things about me that I like:

I care so much about everything. I don't think there are many things in life that I am apathetic about. I value service and helping others. I oppose societal norms such as public seduction and exploiting sexuality. I don't swear as part of my normal conversation. I value education and hard work. I value life balance. I am loyal and faithful. I try to be diplomatic and sincere. I have learned that it is okay not to be perfect. I prioritize people before things. I make it a point to worship. I am not afraid to ask for help. I believe in pursuing goodness. I generally have good values. I don't do drugs. I am usually polite and empathetic. I would rather give too much than too little. I strive to improve myself. I am intelligent and cuddly. I am generally a defensive driver. I like romance and surprises. I love animals and want children. I am not about wealth and notoriety. I am down-to-earth and can be frugal. I make decisions relatively quickly and am consistent with my actions. I'd rather do something than talk about something. I try to do my best at everything I do. I enjoy nature and being outdoors. I love waterfalls. I tend to learn things from movies instead of just watching them for entertainment value. I don't take advantage of other people. I am flexible and adaptable to change. I am receptive to better ways of doing things, but I try not to compromise my values. I am relationship-oriented and care less about personal accomplishments. I enjoy decorating my house and finding creative and new ways to do things. I like my taste in cars, homes, clothes, etc. I am authentic. I tend to be more open with people instead of guarded. I have a hard time being dishonest. I like to plan. I am responsible and keep my promises. I have learned how to forgive. I am not shallow. I am petite. I have small feet. My smile is a little crooked but not too much. I have long, brown hair and brown eyes. I like to sing in the shower. I am not a morning person. I sleep with a teddy bear. I like country music. I am not a health food nut even though I try to eat relatively healthy. I like cooking and having meals at home. I am family-oriented. I can't drink alcohol very much. I like playing board games and dancing. I don't smoke. I am not lazy, but I do like the occassional afternoon nap. I am clumsy but I try to do things like rollerblade, play tennis, and other sports. I know about technology. I do volunteer activities because I want to, not because I want to brag about it. I feel guilty when I do something wrong. I am tolerant of others' choices. I get involved in my friends' lives when I think I can help. I am not detached. I try to treat people well independently of how they treat me. I love.

Agape,
Pam

No comments: