Friday, September 21, 2007

Perspective

Today was a very stressful day; I felt like I was letting everyone down. I get stress from my PhD program because I am not dedicated full-time to research. I get stress from work because we are understaffed with way too many demands on our team. I get stress from my friends and acquaintances when they think I should be doing something different/better. I feel like I never have time for myself lately. No pedicures, no time to exercise. Gaining weight because of added stress; tired all the time. The cats are hissing, and the dog is crying. More items pile in my inbox. More bills.

But then I have to take a deep breath, and I just take a look at Mike. He loves me so incredibly much, and I am so incredibly happy. Putting things in perspective, life is good. I am stressed. I am spread too thin. But I am lucky, and I am happy. I will not let all the demands I have on me ruin this - the best - time in my life.

Mike's titanium ring came in the other day, and he has been stressing that my ring would come in too late and ruin his plans (which I don't know but have some guesses). He is so adorable. But, my ring came in today. He is horrible at surprises because he is so excited himself, so he showed it to me. It is absolutely beautiful Yeah, but he won't let me actually touch it yet (too funny).

He was being really supportive today, and it really helped me out a lot. He is a lot tougher skinned than I am (since I am not tough skinned at all). I cry when I am sad, upset, angry, frustrated, anxious, eh I am a crier. I make him a crier sometimes, but he is generally pretty even-keeled. He is perfect for me. Life is so much better these days because I feel like I have found someone who is truly there for me. I don't feel like I am in this all alone.

Still have to remind myself to take deep breaths. My heart still pounds too fast sometimes, and I just want to hide under the covers. Life can be hard, but there are some things in life that just make everything worthwhile.

The house is quite. The Ru is actually sleeping instead of crying tonight. The cats have probably made their way into bed. Mike is asleep with the help of some earplugs. We are off to Savannah tomorrow. His mom is riding down with us so she can meet my mom. I miss my mom, and I am excited to get to see her tomorrow. I am also looking forward to introducing her to Mike.

No comments: