Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sniffle

I think I am getting sick. In the scheme of things, this is a horrible time for me to get sick. However, it has been quite a few months since I have had a cold or anything, so I guess maybe I am due. I am stressed about papers that need to get graded, others that need to get written, work that has to be done, and conferences that must be prepared for. I have two weeks to make or break this semester.

My mom's boyfriend Watson bought me a Gators santa hat. She sent it in the mail, and I opened it today. It is pretty funny really since I am not into Santa or the Gators very much. I thought it was a sweet gesture though. I am glad my mom found someone who loves her and isn't bad to her.

I need to give my sister Lisa a call back. I have been busy this weekend, and I know she called. Maybe I will give her a call after work tomorrow. Since we are launching this new application at work, I need to be in the office the next two days. Randy and Jay called me with some questions about installs this weekend. I feel badly because I don't have enough time to devote to work as I feel is required to do my best job. However, they have been great at understanding my limitations.

I only accomplished 1 1/2 of the things I listed on my weekend to do list. I emailed one professor that I will turn in my critical review tomorrow night. He said we should turn it in by Monday. I am trying to pamper myself today in hopes of getting better instead of sicker. I have half of the group projects graded for my class. I need to get the rest graded so I can post the grades to motivate my students to study for their finals. The research paper that is due this semester will be my most pressing issue. I just need the time to read and synthesize the research I have done and get something on paper. I am done with my stats class, but grades haven't been posted yet.

I guess the overall tone of this post is stressed. However, I am really thankful right now. I have the opportunity to obtain my PhD. I have a great job. I have two cats who cuddle with me even when I am sick. I have great friends. I have an awesome roommate. I love teaching. I was accepted to present at this conference. I have friends who want to spend time with me. I have more opportunities then most people. Charlotte has been good to me. Thank you God!

No comments: