Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh Bother

Okay, my coffee house study idea didn't work too well. I did get my caramel apple cider and lemon poppyseed for free since their credit card machine wasn't working, however. The problem was that people kept coming into the coffee shop to TALK instead of study. It was soo freaking loud. So, anyway, I am back at home studying where I know the wi-fi is free and the only talking I hear is an occassional cat's meow. Home sweet home.

I am already tired of studying. This is what I have learned so far:

Melville 2004
Model of IT Business Value

FOCAL FIRM
IT Resources
Technology Resources
Human Resources
Complementary Organizational Resources
=====>
Business Processes
=====>
Business Process Improvement
=====>
Organizational Performance

Subject to:
COMPETITIVE FORCES
Industry Characteristics
Trading partners
MACRO ENVIRONMENT
Country Characteristics

DeLone and McLean 1992
There are too many DV's in IS Research

IS SUCCESS MODEL
1) System Quality
2) Information Quality
=====>
3) System Use
4) User Satisfaction
=====>
5) Individual Impacts
6) Organizational Impacts

Kohli and Devaraj 2003
Factors Affecting IT Payoff
1) Industry
2) Data source - primary or secondary
3) Data analysis - regression or correlation (not supported)
4) Time frame - longitudinal or cross sectional (not supported)
5) Sample size
6) Mediating Variables
IT Investments => IT Assets => IT Impacts => IT Payoffs
7) Dependent variables - productivity or financial based

Next, I am on to Devaraj and Kohli 2003 and am going to see how IT Usage is the missing link between IT investments and IT Payoff. Fun, fun.

No comments: