Friday, December 22, 2006

Five Golden Rings

Well, it is 3 days until Christmas. I hope everyone has a great day. It is the time of year to remember to love God and love each other, to spend time with family and friends. I feel guilty that Ra and Scuro are going to be home alone for Christmas.

I just cleaned out Thanksgiving dinner from the refrigerator. Don't ask. In a few days, it would have walked out by itself. Now I have to figure out how to take out the garbage. I vaguely remember the mention of a garbage shoot, but to be safe, I will probably just take it down to the garage.

I had horrible nightmares again last night. I wish for once I would have a good dream instead of a nightmare. I guess my mind just focuses on the things that bother me when I am asleep. I remember it did that ever since I was a little kid. I would sleep on top of my mom and tell her to not let me fall asleep. I hated nightmares. I would wake up mad at her for letting me fall asleep. I was a weird kid.

I am signed in to work . . . the marvels of technology. I have a research article I need to work on this week. It isn't very easy to get stuff done in unfamiliar surroundings. As it is, I have a box on the floor under the desk because my feet would otherwise dangle.

I bought an international version of my textbook for financial management on-line. Hopefully it will not be that different than the US version. I need to revise my syllabus and lecture slides for the upcoming semester. It is good that I am teaching the same class so I don't have to put together all new materials.

I need to go shoe shopping soon. Now that we are in the new building at work, we have to come into the office more often and can't dress casual anymore. I don't have any proper work shoes. I only have open-toed shoes so I look I am going dancing instead of to work. I have lots of things to catch up on as I bring in the new year.

No comments: