Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sin

God, I know we all have sinned and fall short of Heaven. Please forgive me for my sins. Please forgive me for keeping more for myself than I give to others. Please forgive me for my pride and selfishness. Please forgive me for the times I have mocked someone for being different than I thought they should be. Please forgive me for being judgmental. Please forgive me for having lust. I know sex was only meant to be within a marriage. Please forgive me for worrying instead of having complete faith in you. Please forgive me for not always being honest. I know there are times that I put myself above others when I should just humble mysef before You. Please forgive me for my doubt and disbelief. Please forgive me for the times when I have not chosen to forgive others. Please forgive me for worshipping worldly things instead of You alone. Please forgive me for hurting others and help me heal any damage that I have done. Please forgive me for any promises I have broken. Please forgive me for not taking better care of my mom. Please forgive me for getting caught up in work, school, and other responsibilities that have ever led me to neglect friends and family. Please forgive me for anger I have felt and reacted on instead of turning it over to You. Please forgive me for the times I try to play god and control the universe around me. Please forgive me for sinning against my body by not taking as good care of it as I should. Forgive me for not being like salt of the earth and standing up against evils I see in the world. Most of all, please forgive me for not being as thankful as I should be for all the things you have given me in this world, lessons you have taught, and grace you have afforded me. Without you I would be lost in all these sins. Thank you.

Through Jesus, Amen.

No comments: