Monday, October 30, 2006

Perspective

It is amazing how you look back on parts of your life and all you can say is "what the heck was I thinking?" Perspective changes everything . . . You find what you want in people instead of who they really are. And all you can do is thank God that you can see people for who they really are . . . with time . . . with lots and lots of time.

I should be creating my lecture for class this Friday, but instead I have been browsing myspace. I can honestly say that I still keep in touch with all the people who matter the most in my life. There aren't that many people I need to "look up" because I have most of their numbers in my phone. On the other hand, I use those numbers way too infrequently. Hehe, I just got Kim to sign up for myspace. It is scary really.

Does anyone remember the episode of Perfect Strangers where Balky is trying to help Larry with stress management, and he keeps trying to get him to chant, "I am a Halloween . . . I am a Halloween?" The actually phrase was supposed to be "I am a hollow reed, stress blows through me like the wind." Sorry, just came to my mind.

No comments: