Monday, July 16, 2007

Fragile

One of the beauties of this complex world is that dichotomy can be juxtaposed.

For instance, to be humble and to serve require more discipline and fortitude than pride and leadership.

I, for one, am full of contradictions. I am fragile, but I am strong. In some ways, my ability to allow myself to be vulnerable has taught me more strength than walling myself off from the world ever would. I am doubtful which has increased my faith. I am thankful I did not grow up in a church because blind faith would not have been as strong as the faith I currently have in God.

So as life goes on, I am learning more and more about the intricacies of what it means to be human and how within all this confusion things become more clear. And within all the contradictions, a consistency can be found.

No comments: