Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Popcorn for Dinner

This week has been pretty eventful. Painters came over and finished most of the repairs/freshening up that Mike wanted to do to his house before putting it on the market. All he has left is to fix some of the veneer on the kitchen cabinets and PACK. He hates packing. He would rather hide in his little room sanding, spackling, painting, hardwood flooring, anything but packing!

We dropped off a whole bunch of broken electronics to some guy in South Charlotte today. He gave us a free hour massage in return. I went ahead and bought another one that way Mike and I can go some time in the future together.

We have also been posting a ton of stuff on Craigslist to try to sell. At first, I was posting everything individually, but then I just created a Flickr gallery. I am sure someone will find something they gave me and get all offended, but if you know me, you know that I hate clutter. We are consolidating two houses in to one so some things just have to go! Plus, we are trying to raise money for our wedding. Geez, weddings are expensive.

His mom is going to throw the rehearsal dinner, and his dad sent us $4,000 toward the reception. That will help a lot. I am sure mom would help if she could, but she is just too poor. Mike's sister is already planning his bachelor party. I was kind of hoping that my family would be able to be more involved, but Lisa won't travel away from her kids, and Kim is pregnant with her first kid. So they are both too busy. I guess I just think weddings are more about family than anything else. I mean, Mike and I are in love and God already knows our commitment to one another. The wedding is just about sharing that with everyone else. It meant a lot to me that Mike's mom went with me to the bridal show. His family is so supportive of him. I worry that Michele (Mike's sister) doesn't like me very much. I think it is just that she isn't a hugely warm, friendly type person (not saying she isn't nice). She is more the independent type. I feel like Mike's mom is warming up to me a lot more since she went with us to Savannah. I am happy about that.

I sent an e-mail to Bonnie to see if JR would be willing to marry us if they were able to make it to the wedding. He Baptized me, and Bonnie calls me her daughter. So I think it would be really special if he could. I also thought about Patrick and Mr. Folsom, but I don't know if they are officially ordained as ministers. I am not quite sure how that all works.

Anyway, I guess I had a lot to ramble about tonight. I should be getting to bed. I am used to having Mike next to me, so it is harder to sleep when he isn't there. (I am staying at my house tonight because the commute to work is like 5 minutes instead of 40 from his house.)

Oh yeah, we started our marriage prep class at my church yesterday. There are quite a few other couples in the class. I think I have read all the relationship books so I know a lot of the stuff they are talking about already, but I think it is really cool to go through the exercise as a couple. He is my best friend.

Anyway, sweet dreams.

No comments: