Saturday, June 25, 2005

Smilin', Dancin', Laughin' to Her Favorite Song

Jackie, Kassie and I went dancing tonight. I had fun and worked up a sweat. We only went out for about two hours which was enough for me. I am sleepy!

I think Muhammed is coming over in the morning. I told him I would pose for some pictures for his photography class. I also have to put my final portfolio together for class. I kicked butt in my first class at UNCC, yeh! Next week will be a little bit of a break before the next class starts.

Kenny flies in tomorrow at 4 PM. I am excited to see him. We talk often. I like hearing about his life. He is currently dating someone so we have been talking about that a lot. We will probably go somewhere nice on Saturday night then to church on Sunday. It would be cool to take a day trip to the mountains. Claude and one of his friends are also coming into town. They are going to crash here but pretty much do their own thing.

Ugh, I have to take care of some things this weekend. I can't forget:
1) Mail Jeanne her shoes
2) Call Mr. Matthews back
3) Make plans to get new license plate
4) Research health insurance coverage
5) Deposit checks
6) Clean litter box
7) Put together portfolio
8) Something else that I already forgot

I am spread a little thin right now, but things are going well. I have friends who care about me. They give me a hard time when I disappear in the books or at work,

Oh yeah
8) Work on UNCC project - due Tuesday!!

but I know it is because they care about me. I would probably feel worse if they didn't notice when I go MIA.

God, as I get older, I see the people around me with so much hurt in them. It makes them scared, defensive, stoic, and all sorts of things. It changes us when we are hurt, and we don't mean for it to. I just ask that you help us all to heal. I ask that you take care of us and remind us that there are good people out there who do believe in us and won't hurt us. Through Jesus Christ, I ask this, Amen.

No comments: