Monday, December 15, 2008

Sluggy

Well, Mike is sick with a cold now, but the ironic thing is that I think it is actually helping him feel a little better from his other symptoms. His uncontrollable muscle spasms are now happening mostly in the morning and evenings only, and he hasn't been feeling dizzy. So between the cold, the prayer blanket his aunt sent him, Tom's acupuncture, and the new medication, Mike is at least feeling well enough to drive to his own appointments now. Yay! He is still getting pretty bad headaches, so we are going to continue with the additional testing. The weird thing is that he can have multiple headaches at once. A dull headache in one place, another headache in another, and a sharp headache in another place. Weird. Oh, and I just looked up his medication Amitriptyline which says it is used for migraines and vaginal swelling. We have a lot more serious problems if he is having vaginal swelling!

Me, I am feeling pretty exhausted and stressed. I am behind in what I need to do for school, and I really just wanted to hit the ground running after we got back from the honeymoon. After all the set backs I was having with my old department, my new department has been a breath of fresh air. I just don't want them to think I am a slacker. :-( It has been difficult the last few months because we weren't sure if Mike could keep working, weren't sure if we would need to change our plans to have kids in a couple of years, etc. The economy crashing in the middle of it all didn't help much either.

But, overall, things are looking up. Mike is able to do more on his own now, and he is slowly getting back to work. I know money isn't the most important thing in the world, but it sure makes things worse if you don't have any.

Ugh, I am seriously about to fall asleep as I sit here typing. I swear coffee makes me sleepier than it does more awake. I hear that is a symptom of ADHD, but I am not going to bother to get diagnosed. I mean, all they would be able to do is give me Ritalin, and I already tried that for my hypersomulence, and it didn't do anything for me. It was supposed to help me stay awake/alert during the day, and I could take one and immediately take a nap. Sigh. Sometimes I think medication does more harm than it does good.

No comments: