Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Transparency

People probably think I am too transparent with my life. You can pretty much find everything about me online. Although I don't tell everyone everything, I think if I am asked, I have little that I would actually hide. Mike has found it a little difficult to adjust to - being outed publicly every time he turns around. :-) Luckily, he loves me, and he has learned to just consider it cute.

I've been struggling lately to be productive. I have been tired, like usual. Mike has been less than 100% for quite some time now. I try my best to be understanding, but sometimes I get frustrated because when he is too tired to get anything done, it makes it hard for me to make myself do anything. It gets depressing when he just doesn't feel good all the time and there isn't anything I can do to help him.

He finished up his 48 hour EEG today, and we also requested that his doctor test him for Yellow fever and West Nile. They both have similar symptoms to what he is experiencing - if they get to the point of encephalitis. He had the Yellow fever vaccination earlier this year when he was traveling for work, and there was a minute risk that the vaccination could have the side effects of the actual virus. Also, he got completely eaten up by mosquitoes while we were helping clean up the pond before the wedding. However, only animal instances of West Nile have been reported in North Carolina. Leave it to Mike to get some strange disease - skin eating bacteria, diverticulitis, esophageal rings, and now whatever this is. You marry a guy, and he falls to pieces. Other than feeling like crap all the time, Mike is in good spirits. He is a sweetheart, and I have just been praying that he feels better soon.

Ah, now he walked into the room so I will be caught blogging about him. Mind went blank. Change subject.

The weather is getting cold here; it is a nice change for now, but I think it will get old after another month. I keep seeing pictures of Max growing up, and I am itching to go to Chicago to go see my newest nephew, Kim, and Tony. We also have to find some time to go see mom and Lisa and family.

Mike had bought me a new laptop for my birthday, but it sucked so we returned it. I was going to buy a tablet notebook, but since my brokerage account is down by about $20K, I think my old Dell laptop will have to suffice for a few more months. We still have credit card bills to pay off from the wedding. At least gas prices are in a normal range again - and there are actually gas stations with gas. We were stuck at home for a while.

Anything else interesting in my life to report? Hmmm. No, not really.

No comments: