Wednesday, March 25, 2009

7 Days and Counting

Okay, I am starting to get nervous about qualifying exams now. I only have 7 more days to study. Yikes! And unfortunately, I will have to study straight through Ra's 9th birthday. Maybe he will join me on my lap for some of my study time.

I am in the process of summarizing all the articles I have to read for my exam and trying to commit them to memory. I think my brain is getting old because it is harder to remember things these days.

However, I still know: am is are was were be being been have has had do does did may might must can could shall should will would - my auxiliary verbs from 7th grade.

In other news, as HOA board secretary, I have been helping coordinate the retiling of the pool. We chose a gray slate kind of tile with gray grout. I think it will look pretty good. I have other action items on my list, but my HOA duties have been put on hold until after qualifying exams.

Ugh, so the small claim we filed against the landscaping company (and won) pretty much was a bust. Even though we won a judgment of $5K, they don't have any money in their account to be able to collect. The judge said the only recourse we have is to write the secretary of state and let them know these guys are ripping people off. Our yard, slowly but surely is starting to recover. We overseeding so we actually have grass again. We replaced the crappy Crepe Myrtles with nice Yoshino Cherry trees (which are in the process of blossoming!). The biggest problem still is the drainage of the yard. We had Tom put in a French drain which helped some, but we are still getting a muddy side yard and standing water - which make for a muddy, messy dog every day.

Let's see, what else? Max, my nephew, has started walking, but I have been too bust to check out the videos and pictures. Will be one of the first things I do after I get back from my conference in Boston. I also have another conference in August where I am going to Chicago. Hopefully I will be able to visit with Kim and Tony (and bring Mike) when I go.

Anyway, hugs to all and to all a good night!

No comments: