Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thank God for 2009

I am happy to say that Mike continues to get better. He still isn't feeling quite 100%, but he is able to work and mull around a bit these days. He actually left for CES in Las Vegas tonight; he was supposed to leave yesterday due to high winds, etc. Charlotte actually had wind gusts up to 50 MPH yesterday. Seems pretty fast to me.

So, that is my good news.

Argh, in OTHER news, the ATI driver for my new laptop is CRAP. I have a HP tablet laptop and an HP monitor, so you THINK they would be compatible. Well, no. The ATI driver fritzes out randomly and blue screens my laptop. Usually in the middle of something important. We updated the BIOS and some other things, but it looks like we just have towait for HP to pressure ATI to make a driver that works right for their machines. I hope they hurry up soon though. (Sorry, rant was because my computer caught the last ATI driver exception which looks like a black screen followed by a windows bubble. When it happens multiple times in a row, then I know the blue screen of death is soon to follow with no way to recover.)

Feeling a little pinched for money, like everyone else these days. We felt good about the manageability of our debt coming out of our wedding until the bottom dropped out of the economy and Mike got sick. So, we have sucessfully eaten in for the past week now - well, we did make an exception to have lunch with some friends passing through town for the holidays. Mike had some deals he was counting on closing this past quarter that didn't happen, so we are just hoping that they will close in January before the company's fiscal year is over. I guess it would help if we were praying about it too. Just seems weird to pray for monetary gain though.

We did the Hands on Charlotte orientation for volunteering. I was a member, but my membership lapsed. We have signed up for a few events, so it will be great to get back to volunteering.

However, the big goals right now are health, Mike's job, and PhD. So, we need to be heads down for a little while to make sure everything goes well in 2009. Goes divine maybe?

No comments: