Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Headaches

Unfortunately, Mike's headaches have returned in full force. However, a new neurologist has suggested that the pain might be coming from the inflamed nerve endings around his brain (think more external head than internal head), so he got steroid shots in his head the other day. Didn't seem to do much good, so he is going to try going back for more acupuncture and make an appointment with his doctor. Spasms haven't come back, so that's good. He has been able to continue working through the recent headaches, so I am not sure exactly how bad they are. He had to take pain killer tonight, but sometimes it is hard for me to tell if and when he is hurting unless he tells me.

I spent most of the day seeing blurry because I had my eyes dilated by an ophthalmologist. So even though I feel like I am having a harder time seeing than before, he said that I am still legally blind in my left eye and still 20/20 in my right eye. So there you go.

Other news, my mom had sudden hearing loss in her left ear. So that was bad; however, it has prompted her to try to quit smoking which is awesome! Something I have been praying for since she started again. Since Dad died of Cancer when he was 52, I have nightmares that would happen to my mom too. I know quitting smoking doesn't guarantee her health, but as a Diabetic, it definitely improves her chances of living a longer, healthier life. Amen!

So, I am married and busy these days so I don't get around to blogging that often. I try to keep everyone updated and to keep in touch with friends. Facebook has been a big help in doing that. It is also a vortex that sucks away hours of my life at a time, but at least I know what everyone is up to.

Life is good. It is hard, but it is good. Crazy, beautiful, screwed up, but wonderful life.

1 comment:

liraelwiddershins said...

Oh no, I hope the steroids help him. Sometimes they take a while to kick in.