Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Home is My Castle

The problem about dating someone is that you can't report anything interesting on your blog. Everytime I write something, I have inevitably made my boyfriend (not necessarily just the current one) angry. Sheesh. Let's see, what can I write about?

The living room is looking awesome. All I need now is my flat panel LCD TV and to get rid of that hideous entertainment center. I will take pictures soon. I need to buy some extra rechargeable batteries so I have them for both my ccamera and my label maker.

I need to check to see if I have enough color ink to print out some pictures for my mom. Even though she is finally set up with e-mail again, I don't think digital copies will do it for her. I also have to finish writing my thank yous. Unfortunately, I will be combining my October birthday thank yous with my Christmas thank yous. I know, I know. I am pathetic.

Here are some of my New Year's Resolutions you can keep my honest about:

  • Save $3,000 toward retirement
  • Get back down to 125 pounds
  • Get cholesterol under 200
  • Attend church at least once a month
  • Attend at least one women’s retreat or Christian-based workshop
  • Donate at least 20 hours of service toward volunteer activities
  • Compliment someone every day
  • Apply for at least 2 scholarships
  • Take lessons for a new hobby
  • Get eyes examined
  • Go camping in the mountains
  • Take a weekend trip/fly out of town
  • Have deck painted/stained
  • Go to the gym at least 4 times a month
  • Paint the rest of the house
I don't think I have complimented anyone today; I have been working from home all day. Let's see.

Watson (who will probably never read this): You treat my mom well. At first, we didn't know what to think of you, but we have decided that you really do show her you love her. I am glad you are part of our family. Gene thought you were really funny to hang out with for New Year's Eve.

I was very excited; I got to see the Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe over Christmas break. It was awesome, much better than the cheesy B movies they had out a few years back. (I always picture Ryan immitating Lucy saying "Oh, Aslan! or smiling the goofy grin like Prince Caspian . . . ) I hope they dcide to do the rest of the six books. However, I am guessing they will result in the same level of popularity as the books themeselves . . . most people I know never even knew about the rest of the Chronicles of Narnia. What they are missing!

Eh, I will post a picture just for the heck of it . . . My Mom!

1 comment:

liraelwiddershins said...

You don't have to send me a written thank you :-) That'll cut down on your list. I found a cool place to learn new hobbies -- www.folkschool.org I'm going to see which one I can talk Tony into taking.